Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Viking update #2


And more progress is being made. Hit a roadblock with the poses near the end, and I'm switching to detailing and smoothing the beginning keys until I puzzle out how to finish the whole thing.

One of the biggest things I miss about being an animation student is having the luxury of students and teachers around you the whole time. It was supremely wonderful to have a useful critique every week, and now that I'm a graduate, I have to rely on my own network for outside opinions. And, really, that's the hard part for me. I have no confidence in my talents, and as such, I'm slow to show anyone my work, because they'll obviously hate it, and think me a terrible artist, etc, etc.

I understand that it's mostly silly, and that I need to get over it if I wish to be a better animator. Actually, writing this post has already helped, and upon finishing it, I'ma upload a playblast, and get some help.

No comments: