Monday, March 8, 2010

More more more

Always working on something, as I always say. I felt like I couldn't look at the viking animation anymore and decided to shelve it for now. Of course, that's not to say that I won't revisit it in a month's time (and probably look at all my keys and just think "What was I doing?") but for now, I needed another thing to look at.

So! There is a particular little scene that's been rolling around in my brain for a long time, and I'm taking this chance to finally get it out and into Maya. If you are familiar with webcomics, you've no doubt heard of Penny Arcade. They've worked together with Wizards of the Coast to help promote the newest version of Dungeons and Dragons by playing real games and recording everything and releasing it as a podcast. Oh, the nerdity! It makes me so happy to hear them roll their d20's. Anyways, one of the player characters to spawn from this union is a REAL character, going by the awesome moniker Jim Darkmagic, of the New Hampshire Darkmagics.

A coward, a jerk, a potent wizard with a budding fan base, Jim is hilarious in any situation. There is a particular quote from one of the podcasts that I've picked out, and I'm attempting to animate the short scene. I've already done a passing job of modding Norman to create Jim, and time and patience allowing, I'll be doing two other characters as well. A bit much work for a short scene, but if this is successful, I imagine that other animations based off the scenes in the podcast will follow shortly.

Here's what I have so far:



Jim Darkmagic and all related characters are, of course, property of Penny Arcade.

No comments: