Sunday, June 20, 2010

Internship

Not much time to animate lately, but it's for a very good reason. I've been accepted into an internship with an instructor from AAU. It's not animation related at this point, but will be in the future, and honestly, it feels great to be working with a team again. Working in a vacuum is rather difficult for me, and having other people I can bounce ideas off of really helps me.

I checked my last post, and realized that I have done much more work on my Jim Dialogue animation than what I posted. I've got Jim locked down almost 100%, and I'm currently building the models to flesh out the scene - he's not talking to no one, after all! I'm attempting to model them after the characters that Jim adventures with, but if that proves too time consuming, I may take a few shortcuts, for the sake of getting this animation out and done with.

Enough talk, here's the clip:




I'm not sure when I'll have time to animate more personal stuff, and as I'm under an NDA, I won't be able to post any internship-related animation, but I'll drop in from time to time just to keep the blog alive. Perhaps I'll turn this into a general art blog, and post sketches and other drawings. We'll see how well blogger handles that.

No comments: